Unmanaged memory breakdown by module not visible

wolfiwolfi Posts: 2
edited February 10, 2014 2:03PM in ANTS Memory Profiler 8
Hello. Could you tell me if I'm doing something wrong here?
I'm using the trial version of Ants Memory Profiler 8.2, on a Windows 7 on 32 bits machine. I created a session with "Profile unmanaged memory allocations" checkbox checked for a .net executable (framework 1.1), taken 2 snapshots, but I don't see on the summary page the section for unmanaged memory breakdown. Is it visible only in the full version?

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hello,

The trial version does have all the same features as the full version, but unmanaged profiling is just not supported for .NET 1.1 applications, I'm sorry to say.

I can't seem to find this in our documentation at the moment--my apologies for that! I'll request that this information be added.

(Just a note: The "Objects that are / are not disposed" filter is also not available for .NET 1.1 apps. More details here )

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• I'm using the full version of Ants Memory Profiler 8.2, on a Windows 7 on 32 bits machine. I have created a sample Hello World ASP.net application on framework 3.5, and I am not able to see "Unmanaged memory breakdown by module not visible" on summary page. Do I need to enable something on the tool to view this?
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi,

Yes, you'll want to make sure that the 'Profile unmanaged memory allocations' option is enabled (under 'Additional profiler options') before you start profiling.

Hope that helps!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?