Options

Cannot find project

jochem4207jochem4207 Posts: 47
edited February 10, 2014 4:48AM in Deployment Manager
Hello Redgate,

Sometimes I get this error
The following error occurred:
The Project with identifier Project-Name could not be found.
If you typed in the address, check that it is correct.
If you followed a link here, it's possible that the Project you are looking for has been deleted.
If you contact Red Gate, the following information can help us to understand the error:

RedGate.Deploy.Core.Persistence.DocumentNotFoundException: The Project with identifier Project-Name could not be found.
If you typed in the address, check that it is correct.
If you followed a link here, it's possible that the Project you are looking for has been deleted.
   at RedGate.Deploy.Core.Persistence.RavenExtensions.DocumentIfExists[T](String id, T doc)
   at RedGate.Deploy.Core.Persistence.RavenExtensions.LoadProjectWhichExistsBySlug(IDocumentSession session, String slug)
   at RedGate.Deploy.Portal.Controllers.StepsController.Index(String slug)
   at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
   at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)

When I go back to projects page and click the project it works, this randomly happens. As long as i know that my project is safe its not much a problem for me..

I'm not sure if I copied this project from a other DM raven database or created it myself. Maybe in that copying could be a issue.

- Jochem

Comments

• Options
    Hi Jochem,

I'm afraid I'm not sure what's going on here. It certainly sounds like something in the database is in an inconsistent state. I'll have to check the code when I get back in the office on Monday to find out what it could be, and I might need to ask you for some JSON snippets from your database.

Mike
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Hi Jochem,

I've looked at the code, and I'm none the wiser. I know that it's the Project Steps index page that's breaking, but I'm not sure how you're getting there. Do you know which links it happens on? That error could happen from the following places:
    • Immediately after creating a new project (i.e. when you click on the 'Create' button)
    • Immediately after creating a new package or database step (i.e. when you click on the 'Save' button on the step page)
    • Immediately after deleting a step from the Steps index page (i.e. after clicking OK on the confirm delete dialog)
    • Just by clicking on the 'Steps' link at the left hand side of any project-related page (i.e. Overview, Steps, Variables, Team, Settings)
    • By clicking on the 'Steps' link in the breadcrumbs at the top of a project-related page (i.e. Projects > project-name > Steps > step-name)
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software