Check for updates (from Help menu only) gives an error.

rdaltonrdalton Posts: 36
edited February 25, 2006 4:42AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
How do i get the 4.1 update?

When I try to say 'check for updates' I get a message 'The update service does not recognize this product Error 13000: Product Not registerd with the agent.'

I'm not sure what agent it needs to be registered with. I activated over the internet and have the serial number showing up in the GUI, rather than the 14 day trial message.

Comments

• Apologies, the 'Check for updates' from the Help menu (in version 4.0) gives the error you described.

Use the 'Check for updates' from Start -> All Programs -> SQL Backup menu -> Check for updates

This works, and you can upgrade to version 4.1.
    Both links to Check for updates are working in version 4.1.
    Helen Joyce
    SQL Backup Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • I have tried several times to download the 4.1 update while 4.0 is installed. Each time it eventually comes back with a 404 error.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

The update service is able to download 4.1 from my location. Maybe it's a proxy server configuration issue on your side?
  • We do not use a proxy service. The question is, are you trying to use a specific port on the inbound that our firewall may be blocking or is there a way to just download the update via another avenue?
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

It's a fairly generic webservice running on port 80. It shouldn't be blocked unless the firewall considers XML webservices a threat, which is entirely possible!

You can try the website (your www.red-gate.com account) instead. There is also a copy up on the ftp site: ftp://ftp.red-gate.com.