Slightly Different Error on Comparing Backup to Live DB

PaulTarkaPaulTarka Posts: 5 Bronze 1
Hello,

I'm having an issue comparing a non-encrypted backup to a live DB.

The software being used:

SQL Backup 7.2.1.4
SQL Data Compare 10.2.0.885

I can make a backup with no encryption and either minimum or maximum compression (both exhibit the same behavior). This backup can be restored just fine. When I try to compare this backup with the live database of which the backup was taken, I receive a "A duplicate object name has been found. This may occur if the SQL Server that you are registering is case sensivtive but the case sensitive option is not set."

I'm not sure which options need to be checked where to get this to work. I've recently installed all my software on this new laptop. I've never encountered this error on my previous laptop.

Any suggestions will be very welcome. Thanks.

Interesting bits of the logfile:
16:07:54.893|Trace  |Source Control Link |14 |SQL Source control link successfully created
16:07:54.943|Info   |SQL Compare Engine  |16 |Failed to find another AppDomain citizen that provided System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.54.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139, let's load our version
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Data.SQLite, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139'
   at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
   at #Cvg.#VOA.OnCurrentDomainAssemblyResolve(Object #Zsf, ResolveEventArgs #ead)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

16:07:54.943|Info   |SQL Compare Engine  |16 |Trying to load System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.54.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139 by probing C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Data Compare 10\SQLite\System.Data.SQLite.dll
16:07:54.953|Info   |SQL Compare Engine  |16 |Remembered which version of System.Data.SQLite is in use: System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.54.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139
16:07:54.953|Info   |SQL Compare Engine  |16 |We loaded System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.54.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Data Compare 10\SQLite\System.Data.SQLite.dll
16:07:54.953|Info   |SQL Compare Engine  |16 |Loaded assembly System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.54.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139 from a file C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Data Compare 10\SQLite
16:07:55.093|Trace  |Source Control Link |14 |SQL Source control link successfully created
16:07:55.293|Trace  |Source Control Link |14 |SQL Source control link successfully created
16:07:55.493|Trace  |Source Control Link |14 |SQL Source control link successfully created
16:07:55.593|Error  |SQL Compare Engine  |18 |SqlCompareException: A duplicate object name has been found. This may occur if the SQL Server that you are registering is case sensitive but the case sensitive option is not set.
System.ArgumentException: Unable to get PFS page for page ID 1:56460

Server stack trace: 
   at #KSnb.#oTnb.#mXnb(#P2B #5Mrc)
   at #KSnb.#gUnb.#JUnb.#lBc()
   at #KSnb.#sUnb.#SUnb.#lBc()
   at #KSnb.#sUnb.#TUnb.#lBc()
   at #KSnb.#6Snb.#6Wnb(String #hvPb, IEnumerable`1 #tzPb, IEnumerable`1 #wsk)
   at #XSnb.#7Snb.#aXnb(String #hvPb, #1Snb #cNrc, #sUnb #rzPb)
   at #XSnb.#7Snb.#Deh(#kTnb #pxob, #9Rnb #WyL)
   at #jSmb.#0Rnb.#Mqv(IBackupSet #AMrc, Int32 #BMrc, Boolean #CMrc)
   at RedGate.BackupReader.BackupConnection.#HdL(Boolean #uMrc)
   at RedGate.BackupReader.BackupConnection.#xt()
   at #Cvg.#Vvg.#N9f(#YUU #I2O)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
   at #Cvg.#Vvg.#Wvg.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
   at #Cvg.#Vvg.#xoh()
   at #Cvg.#Vvg.#xAh()
   at #8rg.#Ssg.#Clh()
   at #8rg.#Ssg.#wlh()
16:07:55.703|Trace  |Source Control Link |16 |SQL Source control link successfully created

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    This is the same error with the PFS page that you get when comparing to encrypted backups. I though it was only going to happen for encrypted backups, but it looks like comparing SQL Backup files is completely broken.
    (see also http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... hp?t=15847 )

You'll probably have to restore the database to compare it until this issue is resolved.
  • PaulTarkaPaulTarka Posts: 5 Bronze 1
    I will keep an eye out for an update. Thanks for the reply.
  • I have been having problems with this repeatedly since SQL Backup v7. I am very frustrated.

When will this issue be fixed?
  • I am having the same problem. I have backups that are both compressed and not compressed and I get the error "A duplicate object name has been found...." I don't receive this error when I do a compare with a standard backup from SSMS.

I have the latest updates to both Redgate SQL Backup (7.2.1.4) and Redgate SQL Data Compare (10.2.3.5) as of 30Jan2013.
    Stop thinking like a developer and start thinking like your customers.
  • Any word on when this issue might be addressed?
  • It has been well over a year since the initial problem was submitted and the issue still exists. Can we ever expect a fix for this issue?
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    I'm sorry to say the work on the BackupReader DLL has been delayed. The team are working on 2014 support and some other pressing issues, and since there is a workaround, which is to restore the database to a SQL Server, it's been put on hold for a few more months. Sorry for the aggravation this is causing everyone.