decrypting error report data in SQL

nate@climark.comnate@climark.com Posts: 3
edited December 19, 2013 12:04PM in SmartAssembly
We have a SQL database that stores the error reports that get sent to us from the field. I need to query this information to find out pertinent patterns; (e.g. all users who received the same error in the same date range, all errors that have occurred within a given class, etc.

Is there a way to decrypt the data in the SQL tables into searchable data?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Yes, we have such an API- it comes with the full, professional, version of the product.

To give you an idea what you can build, please take a look at:

ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/Smar ... tabase.exe

It's a lot the GUI but created entirely from the SDK- you can see how it can access the error reports using the 'Exception reports' Tab
  • Thanks very much for getting back to me. You pointed out the API for me and it was exactly what I needed.

I wrote an app that used your API to extract the exception report attributes and custom fields, which I then write to a separate SQL database. Then I’m about to query that separate database based on the values in the attributes and custom properties and get meaningful results, such as all errors from a specific user or office, all errors that contain a specific frame in the call stack, all errors using a specific assembly, etc.

I understand why you compress all this data when you store it in SQL, but not being able to search lessens the value of the Smart Assembly application…

Anyway, thanks for the help.