Options

Using WebProxy with Smart Assembly

saint168saint168 Posts: 12 Bronze 1
edited December 30, 2013 3:08PM in SmartAssembly
We use a webproxy to access the internet from our LAN and Smart Assembly is not able to report errors to the server using the proxy serer. The error we got is: (ERR 2001L The request failed with HTTP status. 407: Proxy Authentication Required).

Is there a place where we can fill in the authentication info so Smart Assembly can use the proxy server?

Comments

• Options
    If you are doing your own handling: There is a method SetProxy() on the UnhandledExceptionHandler.
  • Options
    Thank you, that's what I was looking for.
  • Options
    One more question, is there a recommended way to let the user set their proxy server address and port in the field? In standard .NET apps, we usually let the user edit the .config file and enter their proxy server address and port but the error reporter is compiled into our main app and it does not have a .config file.
  • Options
    The error reporting DLL is always merged into the main executable so I think you can use the main executable config file. I say *think* only because I only trust something that I've seen with my own eyes (and even then... ;).