DeploymentManager.exe skip steps

garrett.carsongarrett.carson Posts: 4
edited November 15, 2013 5:36PM in Deployment Manager
When using
DeploymentManager.exe create-release --project=%env.DMProject% --deployto=%env.Configuration% --waitfordeployment
is there a way to specify steps to skip during deployment like there is in the gui? I would very much like to schedule schema only or code only or web services only without creating separate environments or separate projects.

Again, I can do this from the web site, but not apparently from the exe.

Comments

• Hi Garett,

At the moment, this is not something we support using the deployment manager command-line.

Can I ask why you do not want to create separate environments or projects?

Robin
    Robin Hellen
    Test Engineer
    DLM Automation
  • Projects are expensive for non enterprise licenses.

Separate environments will not work when there are multiple steps on a single machine (site, web services, etc).

I currently use multiple projects, but 5 projects (schema, site, web service 1, web service 2, all) for a single application is not only messy but allows duplicated variables to become out of sync.

I would just want to say like --steps=1,2,5 or --disablestep=3 --disablestep=4 or something like what the check boxes allow me to do in the gui.
  • Hi Garett,

You should be able to get the setup you want to work using separate environemts. You can add a given target to more than one environment. Note that this will not require additional licenses as we consider any number of targets using the same url as one target for licensing purposes.

If you still want this feature, you can vote for it on our Uservoice forum

Robin
    Robin Hellen
    Test Engineer
    DLM Automation
  • You are right, environments could work unlike what I said before.

Unfortunately this breaks the web.environment.config. Fixing it using multiple configs creates the same duplication issues that multiple projects would have had with variables becoming out of sync.