Install error: Verification Of SQL Monitor Web Failed.

EdCardenEdCarden Posts: 134 Silver 1
edited March 6, 2014 11:57AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
When launching the installer for version 3.5 I get the error:

Verification of SQL Monitor Web Failed. Do You Wish To Conue?
Error is: 0x800b010a

I can click YES and move forward with the install but then I'm concerned about it installing side BY side instead of doing a proper upgrade.

<<MY INFO>>
WEB SERVER

Version: 3.3.0.270
Web Server: Mono.WebServer2/0.2.0.0
Server Name: http://SQL03:8080
Server HOST .NET: .NET 3.5 SP 1
Server Path: C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor 3\Web\WEBSITE
Hosted Environment: 64Bit
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

BASE MONITOR

Version: 3.3.0.270
Base Monitor: SQL03.wamltd.com:7399
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor 3\BaseMonitor
Host Environment: 64Bit
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Comments

• Hi,

We have few other users also reporting this problem and we are still investigating it. But as far as we are aware, the upgrade should work as expected. It maybe worth taking backup of the SQL Monitor database repository before you proceed.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • EdCardenEdCarden Posts: 134 Silver 1
    priyasinha wrote:
    Hi,

We have few other users also reporting this problem and we are still investigating it. But as far as we are aware, the upgrade should work as expected. It maybe worth taking backup of the SQL Monitor database repository before you proceed.

Thanks,
    Priya

Priya,

Unfortunately I still can't install because when I get to the step to either create a data repository or connect to an existing one the choice to connect to my existing ones greyed out and I can not find a way to change it. I don't want to create a new data repository and risk being unable to access my existing one because I actually retain my info for the long haul (I have never purged) so that we are able to look historically at performance of the system and make hardware decisions based on that.

Please advise if I need to contact SQL Monitor support directly (we do have an existing maintenance contract) or if I will just have to wait for a fix to the installer. If there is a way to install with a new data repository but then switch back to my od DB please let me know.

Thanks
  • Hi,

Could you please email screen shot of this step to priya.sinha@red-gate.com so that I can look into this?

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
    priyasinha wrote:
    Hi,

Could you please email screen shot of this step to priya.sinha@red-gate.com so that I can look into this?

Thanks,
    Priya

Done.
  • fordc03fordc03 Posts: 49 Bronze 2
    I am also experiencing the same issue.

The only difference is that our server is behind a pretty locked down firewall.

Does the installer do any kind of internet validation on the installer?
  • Hi,

No, it doesn't. As far as this error in installer is concerned, if you continue with installation i.e. ignore the error message then it has worked for all the users who have reported problem. This issue is still under investigation but you should be able to upgrade despite this error. If this is not the case then please contact Red Gate Support at support@red-gate.com.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    I must correct Priya's assertion - I have had this issue since 3.4 came out and TODAY still cannot install and I HAD A CORRUPTED INSTALL THAT REQUIRED A COMPLETE REBUILD OF ALL MY CUSTOMIZED ALERT CONFIGURATIONS.

So, be VERY careful if you get this error.

From my email to support today, December 3rd, 2013:
    I have been able to completely DISABLE the Sophos Anti-Virus services.

I downloaded a fresh SQL Monitor 3.5 installer and the SAME 0x800b0110 error occurred.

I downloaded the very latest SQL Toolbelt and the exact same error occurs on firing up the SQL Toolbelt installer.

I am completely unable to install ANY version after 3.3 on the Server.

Incident F0074068 was the original ID - I hope it is still open and that someone from Red Gate can sort this out as I'm NOT getting the upgrades paid for!

Assistance hereby requested once more.

Thanks in advance.
    Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
    Decide wisely...
  • Hi Stephen,

Sorry to hear that you have lost your customization. This error in installer doesn't affect database. So even if upgrade fails, it shouldn't affect anything in your SQL Monitor data repository. We always advice to keep a backup of SQL Monitor repository database before you try any upgrade. If you have a backup of repository, Support would be able to help you with installation so that you don't lose any data or customisation.

I believe that you are also in touch with Support. They will also respond to your support request.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    Chris Kelly supplied the following, which worked.

These are the workaround steps that have successfully allowed the other users to get installed once they had hit this error message.
    1. When you first start the installer, and encounter the Verification error 0x8006010a, please click Yes on the dialog. This encourages the installer to continue with the installation.
    2. Once the SQL Monitor installer starts properly, ensure that you select the option ‘Install the Web Server on this computer and the Base Monitor on a different computer’. This means that you will install the two components independently (but you will be able to install both on the same machine despite what the option says). If any further error messages are displayed then ensure that you choose to ignore the error and continue with the installation.
    3. Assuming that the WebService component installs successfully then you will be prompted to start SQL Monitor. At this point you will be prompted that there is not an appropriate Base Monitor service to connect to. But the page should display a link to download the Base Monitor service installer. Please do this and run it.
    4. If any errors are displayed again please can you handle them in the same way by clicking Continue or Yes to continue with the installation. Ensure that you choose to select your existing SQL Monitor data repository (RedGateMonitor) when prompted.
    5. Once complete, ensure both the SQL Monitor WebServer service and the SQL Monitor Base Monitor service are Started. Then refresh or reload the SQL Monitor web page.
    Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
    Decide wisely...
    UPDATE: I was able to install the 4.0.0.1728 update installed instead.