Comparing triggers in SQL Server 7

chrislchrisl Posts: 3
Hi, I am evaluating SQL Compare (v 4.1.0.59) from the SQL Bundle but I cannot seem to make it notice when triggers on a table are different. I am comparing two separate databases on a single SQL Server 7 installation.

I have set and reset all sorts of different options to do with triggers in the options box, but nothing seems to work. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Chris,

In what way do you know the triggers to be different? This will help us look at the right option for fixing the problem.

Thanks!
  • Brian,

Thanks for responding.
    Exactly the same triggers exist in my two databases to compare, all I have done is change the text within a single insert trigger on one of the tables that exists in both databases. The table compares as identical and does not notice the text change. I notice there is no icon available for triggers, so I was expected to see the difference noted as part of the table difference (as, for example, it does for table constraints).

Many thanks.
    Can you please double-check your settings to make sure that you haven't simply told SQL Compare to 'ignore triggers'?

Thanks.
  • Hello Brian,

it is only wrong with SQL 7.0, in SQL 2000 with the same
    options the triggers will be shown and compared.

nice weekend

Hamu
  • Hello,

Yes indeed this is a bug. We have reproduced it here and will have a fix out for it shortly. By the way, this only affects SQL Server 7 and not any other releases of SQL Server.
  • Hello Brian,

is this bug fixed in Version 5 and will it be fixed in Version 4 ?

Thank you

Hamu
    I have not been notified about any change in status, so I think the answer is NO on both counts. I'll see if I can find the issue in the system and elevate the priority.
    Ah, my apologies. I was not on the notification list for this. It is fixed and tested, and should work in v5. If you need it for v4, there is an (unreleased) version 4.3 that I can send. If you want it, please send me an email to support@red-gate.com and ask for v4.3 to correct the trigger on SQL 7 problem.

Thanks and sorry for the cunfusion.