SqlPrompt 6.1 doesn't properly persist program Options

dpokludadpokluda Posts: 4 New member
edited September 30, 2013 11:07AM in SQL Prompt
Here is my scenario (properly worked in SqlPrompt 6.0):
    * STEP1: make sure my settings are valid in C:\Users\{my_user_name}\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 6 * STEP2: open SSMS and go to SQL Prompt > Options and see that my settings are still there (I look at Aliases for example) close SSMS * STEP3: reopen SSMS and go to SQL Prompt > Options and see that all my settings are gone
I am using Windows 8.1 Enterprise (RTM build 9600) version 6.3.9600, SSMS version 11.0.3128.0, .NET Framework 4.0.30319.33440.

Any idea how to fix or workaround this issue? The only way I found to workaround this is to uninstall version 6.1 and go back to version 6.0. :(

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi,
    Could you check your log file to see if it gives any reason for why it's failing to load the options.

The logs can be found under %localappdata%\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 6 and you should see a line saying something like:
    "ERROR RedGate.SqlPrompt.Metadata.Options.OptionsBase - Error deserializing options for RedGate.SqlPrompt.Engine.EngineOptions. Resetting to defaults."
    followed by details of why it failed.
    Sorry, I just realised you've sent in your log files to support already, I'm looking at them now and will try to get a fix soon.
    Could you try build 6.1.0.71 to see if this fixes the issue for you? Thanks!
  • dpokludadpokluda Posts: 4 New member
    I have installed the build mentioned here (6.1.0.71) and so far it seems it resolved the issue. I will continue using this build and I will let you know if I see something not working properly.

Thanks you very much for your quick response.