Where is DeploymentAgentV2.msi?

mwoffendenmwoffenden Posts: 98
edited September 2, 2013 1:10PM in Deployment Manager
I need to re-install an agent and cannot find this file anywhere on your site.
Michael Woffenden
Founder and President
Information Results Corporation

Comments

• Hi Michael -

You can download the current version of the Deployment Agent from within Deployment Manager itself.

There's a link to download the agent from the "Tools" page (one of the tabs along the top).

You can also download it from the link at the top of the "Add machine" dialogue, on the environments page. We hoped this would help people to find the agent at the time when they needed it, as they were adding a new machine to Deployment Manager.

Hope this helps!

Dave
    David Conlin
    Software Developer
    Deployment Manager
  • You can download the current version of the Deployment Agent from within Deployment Manager itself.
    Thanks for your reply. I did finally find it. However, why not also place a prominent link on your DM site? That's the first place most people would try to find it.
    Michael Woffenden
    Founder and President
  • Hi Michael,

The Agent Installer is included in the main Deployment Manager installation to ensure that its version is up to date with the installed Deployment Manager. This also helps in situations where deployment environments don't have access to the external internet; the link on the Deployment Manager portal is actually a link to the file installed on your Deployment Manager server, not on our website.

The URL will be http://<your_dm_website:port>/downloads/agentinstaller
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • Not to belabor the point, but it would be handier to have a link to the latest agent MSI right on your site.

In our case, the agents are on different machines (servers) from the DM interface (running on a PC). So to get an agent installed on a server, I have to fire up DM, find the link, download the MSI on the PC, then transfer it over to the server to run it. Sort of the long way around.
    Michael Woffenden
    Founder and President