Bug/Request - headers don't show when doing ALTER PROCEDURE

mbourgonmbourgon Posts: 32 Bronze 2
edited October 29, 2013 12:39PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I have a piece of code with a ton of headers, including the initial "if exists drop" and a sample call.

If I type "exec myprocnamehere", the box pops up with the actual script text. I can then click in the box, hit "copy", and paste in a window.

If I type ALTER PROCEDURE myprocnamehere, then hit TAB, the SP scripts otu - but only starting at the actual ALTER PROCEDURE line, it doesn't include the header! So if I execute it, I'd lose my script headers.

Is there a way to change the behavior? Is there an easier way to script out the object (either way is tons easier than SSMS, but I'd moved to AP (tab) code (tab) and use the snippets to quickly script out the code.

Thanks!

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi,
    Would it be possible for you to post a very basic example of a stored proc and what you’d expect to happen?

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • I am having the same problem. I am currently using v5.3.8.2 (restruction by IT Security for now.)

When typeing EXEC usp_SOMETHING the popup allows me to select the stored proc code which includes the parts above the ALTER statement which in my case contains important stored procedure header detail and modification tracking information.

When using the ALTER PROCEDURE usp_SOMETHING (or AP[TAB] snippet) and pressing tab after the procedure name the content that appears does not include the parts above the ALTER statement.