Minor Issue: No "successful" message upon package completion

rdugrerdugre Posts: 13
edited February 7, 2006 8:38AM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
I have generated a C# project and noticed the following:
//Show success message
if ( packageExecutor.Quiet )
{
    PackageUtils.ShowMsg(new PackageExceptionInfo("Package executed successfully."));
}
else
{
    Console.WriteLine( "Package executed successfully." );
}

The line "if ( packageExecutor.Quiet )" should be "if ( ! packageExecutor.Quiet )" (notice the not). Otherwise, I believe it does the opposite of what is intended. Easy to correct manually, but I just though I'd let you know.
-- Rob --

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Rob,

I'll have a look there, but I think that this is probably correct because when we run in quiet mode we don't want the message written to the console. PackageUtils.ShowMsg will detect whether or not the package is supposed to run with a UI and if not, it will leave an event log entry.
  • Thanks for looking into this for me. The only reason I assumed it was wrong is because there is no successful message when a package runs successfully. When the "!" is placed in there, the successful message appears as I would expect. So, something seems to be amiss.
    -- Rob --
    In quiet mode, I don't think you should get any messages on the console. You should probably check the return value when the package is done instead.
  • I don't think you understand what I am looking for. I am not running the package in quiet mode. I am just trying to run the package normally (i.e. I run the package exe, fill out the connection string stuff, and click the Run button). I see the progress indicator, but I don't get any sort of "successful" message box.

In the previous version of SQL Package, the successful message box appeared. Since it was in the previous version and since it appears within the code, I would expect its in this version.
    -- Rob --
    Hello,

OK, I see now. I will raise this issue to the development team. Thanks a lot for pointing it out to us.