Options

Web dev. server crash

EduardoFortesEduardoFortes Posts: 2
edited August 20, 2013 3:23PM in ANTS Performance Profiler 8
I installed the trial today, tried the demo Nerd Dinner and everything worked nice. Later I tried profiling my solution but my project keeps crashing after login, this does not happen in production nor debugging with VS2010.

I am using NHibernate to access the database and the application crash on the return line.
using (var _session = NHibernateHelper.OpenSession())
{
    return _session.Query<T>().ToList<T>();
}
Error message:
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element

When i set the profiler, i select only one project, but this is a big solution with dozens of projects inside, this piece of code above is a repository project.

Comments

• Options
    Profiling can be a dramatic procedure- as far as your process is concerned- it can cause crashes, exacerbate race conditions, break security. You shouldn't be surprised to see some kind of failure mode turn up every now and again.

If you *really* want to know what happened here- we could always debug the entire process, analyse a full memory dump - with symbols- and take a wild stab but the quickest thing to get you *some* results is to bypass the problem.

Can you try again but this time using the sampling mode of profiling?

Here's some more info on this:

http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... iling+mode