SQL Prompt Hanging

jase74jase74 Posts: 6
edited August 9, 2013 10:37AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I'm using SQL Server Management Studio and everytime use the Uppercase Keywords menu item from prompt, it hangs Management Studio.

Comments

• Some additional info
      SQL Prompt 5.1.4.11 Management Studio 10.50.1600.1 dotnet Framework 2.0.50727.3615

I also get an issue when I use the Format SQL, it appears with a dialog box "Notify Red Gate of this error"
  • Hi jase74,

Thanks for your bug report and I'm sorry SQL Prompt is causing you problems.

We believe this is caused by a bug in the installation of some Microsoft components that unregister a DLL needed by SQL Prompt. Please try the following from a Command Prompt:
    regsvr32 "%commonprogramfiles%\microsoft shared\msenv\textmgrp.dll"

Regards,
    Paul
    Paul Stephenson
    Project Manager, Red Gate
  • Thanks, this has resolved the problem
  • Noticed that this file became un-registered upon a Repair of Team Explorer 2008.
  • When you try to register a dll through regsrv32, and run into this "the module was loaded but the call to dllregisterserver failed with error code" error, mostly likely you are running on Vista or Windows 7. If this is the case, you have have to go to Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right click on the "Command Prompt", choose the "Run as administrator" option.
    Hi jase74,

Thanks for your bug report and I'm sorry SQL Prompt is causing you problems.

We believe this is caused by a bug in the installation of some Microsoft components that unregister a DLL needed by SQL Prompt. Please try the following from a Command Prompt:
    regsvr32 "%commonprogramfiles%\microsoft shared\msenv\textmgrp.dll"

Regards,
    Paul
    Andrew
  • Thanks a lot - that also solved my problem! Live without SQL Prompt is just not worth developing :-)