'Automation error. Libraryis not registered

imarchenkoimarchenko Posts: 18
edited February 16, 2006 8:04PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hello!

I have b een happily using SQL Compare v 1.60 until I installed SQL Server 2005 client tools. I am currently getting 'Automation error. Libraryis not registered ' when trying to compare two SQL Server 2000. Any advice on how to fix this problem is greately appreciated.

Igor

Reply:
Daniel:'Version 1.0 doesn't work with SQL Server 2005'.

Daniel,

Previous topic has been locked and I had to start new one.
I am not going to work with SQL Server 2005. I would like to continue working with SQL Server 2000 instances as I did before installing SQL Server 2005 client tools. Please advice. I tried reinstalling SQLCompare but it didn't help.

Thanks,
Igor

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

I believe the answer is elsewhere in the forum. It could either be that the SQL Client-side tools aren't installed, or one of the other COM libraries have come undone. If the error message contains the CLSID of this library, that would be helpful in tracking down which library is causing the problem.
  • Hello,

I believe the answer is elsewhere in the forum. It could either be that the SQL Client-side tools aren't installed, or one of the other COM libraries have come undone. If the error message contains the CLSID of this library, that would be helpful in tracking down which library is causing the problem.

Unfortunately, error message doesn't contain CLSID. I am not exactly sure what COM libraries are problematic and which ones SQLCOmpare is relying on. I though you might have experienced similar problems. I will try to search though forums.

Igor
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Off the top of my head, here are some libraries you can try registering with regsvr32:

- sqldmo.dll (part of client-side tools)
    - c:\program files\red gate sql bundle\sqlcompare.dll
    - c:\windows\system32\dwstg.dll
    - c:\program files\red gate sql bundle\vsflex7l.ocx
    - c:\program files\red gate sql bundle\sqlcompareclib.dll

Hopefully one of those gets it. You may also try simply reinstalling SQL Bundle. That should re-register all of the COM dlls.
  • Thanks Brian! Everything is working after I registered DLLs you mentioned.