Options

Silverlight obfuscation problem

Mikhail GirkinMikhail Girkin Posts: 6
edited July 19, 2013 7:32PM in SmartAssembly
Hi!

I've got a problem when obfuscating Silverlight 4 solution. Our solution consist of several c# projects (~10), and the problem comes from assembly references from XAML code. If I add an assembly that is referenced from XAML to a "merge" (not really related to obfuscation itself), then Silverlight runtime could not load types from that assembly, if the assebmly doesn't included - everything goes ok.
Is there an options, or configuration section to make this stuff work, when all the asseblies in solution is merged? Or may be I didn't find the section in the documentation related to this problem?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thank you for your post!

If you've enabled obfuscation on your main assembly, the same settings will be applied to the merged assemblies as well. Could you kindly try excluding the types that can't be loaded from obfuscation (either through the SmartAssembly UI or using the custom attributes)?

You can try turning on error reporting to help find which types need to be excluded.

Hope that helps!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    I already tried to exclude all the types from assemblies that referenced, this doesn't help.

The main problem, as I understand comes from merging assemblies. For example I have the following line of code in my XAML:

xmlns:View="clr-namespace:Insight.BaseScreen.View;assembly=Insight.BaseScreen"

I also want to obfuscate Insight.BaseScreen assembly, but if I include it in merge process, disabling every other stuff (pruning, obfuscation, etc) - Silvelight cannot load the requested types.
    I could not include any single assembly in merge that is referenced from merged assembly like I shown before.
  • Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Sorry to hear that didn't help!

Hm, can I check--what version of SmartAssembly are you using?

Could you kindly give embedding a try (the assembly will keep its identity)?

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?