Options

Hyperbak Insufficient Resources message(s)

DBNewbie_2007DBNewbie_2007 Posts: 47 Bronze 3
edited July 16, 2013 10:39AM in SQL HyperBac 5
Came in this AM to check backup status, found multiple (60+ , one for each database?) messages as follows:

HyperBac Status Manager
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service

I manually restored a database at random and it appears OK, plus all of the backups appear to have run correctly (files are located on the backup disk). The backup disk has plenty of room (backups are using less than 34% of total space available).

Are there any log file(s) I can review to determine the cause of the error? I am suspecting RAM right now (8G total on a 32-bit Windows 2003 server), with Commit Charge Peak that exceeds the physical memory total.

We currently have Hyperbak 5.4.1.5 installed.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    I am the support engineer investigating this issue you have raised. I am really sorry that you have run into this issue. This is being looked at via our support system.

I was hoping to get some clarifications in regards to the activity on the system?

1) Has HyperBac been installed on this server recently or has it been running for a while? I am interested in knowing how long has this server been online for with Hyperbac on it?
    2) Are you doing backups to local drives or across the network? For eg. is d:\ a mapped drive?
    3) Have there any log files been created in the \hyperbac\logs directory?
    4) If possible please send me the service.log file (located at \hyperbac\logs directory).
    5) Any other files that exist that correspond to the time this issue happened? Are you able to look in the windows application, event and system logs? Are these file available to be sent across to us?
    6) Is HyperBac installed in the default location or in a custom location? For eg. c:\ drive?

Thanks for your patience and feedback in this matter.
  • Options
    I am the support engineer investigating this issue you have raised. I am really sorry that you have run into this issue.

I was hoping to get some clarifications in regards to the activity on the system?

1) Has HyperBac been installed on this server recently or has it been running for a while? I am interested in knowing how long has this server been online for with Hyperbac on it?
    2) Are you doing backups to local drives or across the network? For eg. is d:\ a mapped drive?
    4) If possible please send me the service.log file (located at \hyperbac\logs directory).
    5) Any other files that exist that correspond to the time this issue happened? Are you able to look in the windows application, event and system logs? Are these file available to be sent across to us?
    6) Is HyperBac installed in the default location or in a custom location? For eg. c:\ drive?

• Options
    I am contacting you in regards to this support case.

At this stage I wanted to touch base and check if this issue has happened again? and at what frequency is it occuring?

Is the associated server a VM?

• Options
    • HyperBac has been installed and running on this system since Jan 19th, 2012.
    • The backups are done to a local USB drive attached to the server.
    • Only the service.log. With the failures, that was one of the first places I went too after checking HD space on the backup drive.
    • Attached.
    • I can send them if necessary but there were no warnings or errors generated during that time, which made trying to do a diagnostic difficult.
    • The application is installed at C:\Program Files\Red Gate\HyperBac\, HyperBacSrv.exe is version 5.4.1.5.
  • Options
    At this stage are you able to let me know if the associated servers are a VM?
    This was a regular Microsoft server (non-VM).
    Also let me know what sort of specs is the server? Please also confirm if the event has occurred on both servers that you have mentioned?
    The problem has only occurred on one server (our main Production system). Here are the specs:
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit)
    Enterprise Edition
    Service Pack 2

Intel Xeon CPU
    X5355 @ 2.66 GHz
    2.66 GHz, 8.0 GB of RAM
    Physical Address Extension

Server Server 2005 (32-bit)
    Standard Edition
    Service Pack 4
  • Options
    At this point, since there was only one occurrence, we will not need any additional support.

Also, the system has since been upgraded to have 48G RAM.