SQL Tab Magic Display aligning

kondrichkondrich Posts: 79 Bronze 2
edited July 15, 2013 2:33PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
We are using SQL Tab Magic 0.5.0.184 and encountered an issue with tab preview window alignment when using more than one screen.
If I move Red-Gate's toolbar containing SQL Search and SQL Tab Magic to the right edge of the top toolbar on my primary screen and if I open SQL Tab Magic there, the Tab preview window is spread over my two screens which looks ugly (see screenshot, unfortunately there is no attachement upload allowed here), since my secondary screen is standing to the right of the primary one.
Though I can move tab preview window to the left, so the left screen shows the entire preview window, it will re-appear spreaded over the two screens when re-opening it.

Note: The screenshot shows the very right part of my primary screen. You can see that the preview window is cut of there, since it continues on my secondary screen to the right.

Was it possible for SQL Tab Magic to open the tab preview window entirely on the screen displaying SSMS? The gap in the middle of the preview window (= gap between the screens) is very annoying.
Regards, Klaus

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    I've just put this in 0.5.0.186 if you could give it a go and let me know if this works for you: http://download.red-gate.com/EAP/SQLTab ... bMagic.zip

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • kondrichkondrich Posts: 79 Bronze 2
    Yes, it works fine. Thanks!
    What would be also great is: Red-Gate toolbar should remain where it is when it was moved by the user.
    So if I move it from a dedicated toolbar row to a row with another toolbar to save vertical space, it should stay there after restarting SSMS.
    Right now, it stays there after the first restart of SSMS. But after the second restart it magically hops to its own toolbar row again (with our without using it between those restarts).
    Regards, Klaus
  • PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    kondrich wrote:
    What would be also great is: Red-Gate toolbar should remain where it is when it was moved by the user.
    So if I move it from a dedicated toolbar row to a row with another toolbar to save vertical space, it should stay there after restarting SSMS.
    Right now, it stays there after the first restart of SSMS. But after the second restart it magically hops to its own toolbar row again (with our without using it between those restarts).

Cannot agree more! PLEASE fix this utterly annoying behavior. Having run out of votes on Uservoice, this is currently my only way of saying, "please".

Thanks!
    Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
    Decide wisely...