Options

Feature Requests

Scott RobertsScott Roberts Posts: 10
edited February 1, 2006 12:31PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
The other "Feature Requests" thread was locked for some reason. Perhaps these items are in v4, but I didn't see anything about it on the web site.

1. Single table compare. Similar to the "object filter" request in the other thread, but I want to select a single table (without having to check/uncheck all other objects) to compare.

2. Single difference synch. Not sure of the technical difficulty here (especially as it applies to non-table objects), but I would like to synch a single difference (e.g. a single index, a single table field, etc.)

We have multiple developers working on local databases. We make schema changes at will on our local machines. We then update the QA database with our changes. So, when I synch my database to the QA database there may be things in the QA database I want to keep (from other programmers) and things in my database I want to keep (changes I made). We then synch the QA database to a production database to create the script to send to customers, which works fine as is.

If there is a better way, I'd wouldn't mind hearing it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'd locked all of the topics in the 3.x forum more for management reasons than the fact that all of the issues had been addressed.

We are going to work on making future versions of the UI more easily manageable. This will include things like object selection.