SQL Prompt has been disabled due to an error TextMgrP.dll

kjkkpsikjkkpsi Posts: 4
edited July 12, 2013 10:56AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
After installing a new local instance of SQL 2012 on my machine, I am receiving the following error using SQL Prompt 5 Trial edition. I am only a week into my trial period.

"SQL Prompt has been disabled due to an error with the registration of a required DLL - TextMgrP.dll. To resolve the error, repair SQL Server Management Studio or Visual Studio from the Windows Control Panel."

I did attempt to re-register the TextMgrP.dll file as suggested in another post on this subject, but received the following error:

"The module "TextMgrP.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005."

Removing and reinstalling the SQL Prompt 5 provided no help.

My work machine has several versions of SQL Server on it. When I originally installed the trial, I did not have a local instance of SQL installed on my machine, but I did have SQL Server 2012 Management Studio installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• I went as far as to remove and reinstall all versions of SQL off of my machine this morning. Unfortunately though, I am still getting the same error trying to open SSMS 2012 with SQL Prompt 5 installed.
  • 0x80070005 indicates permission issue.
    Check the security on the file TextMgrP.dll (Right-click the file in Explorer, choose the Security tab and ensure the user has appropriate permissions).
    Click the Start Button, then in the "Start Search" box type CMD but DO NOT press Enter yet.
    In the list above, under "Programs" right-click on CMD that appears above and choose "Run as Administrator" and click "Continue".
    In the black command line window, use the command “REGSVR32” to register the file again.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... gister-dll
    Manfred Castro
    Product Support
    Red Gate Software
  • Thanks Manfred.Castro,

I came to the same solution shortly after posting my last reply.