Unable to maintain saved settings

dreweattdreweatt Posts: 4
edited February 1, 2006 12:47PM in SQL Data Compare Previous Versions
I've spend 30 minutes setting up the project between 2 servers. Selecting tables and fields I'd like to use. :shock: When I saved the project all seemed fine. When I opened the project it has only stored 2 of the tables I wanted to compare the data for, not the other 100 :evil:

Any ideas why the product doesn't save the tables settings? It is very frustrating!

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    This doesn't sound like it's the way that the product should work. When you re-open the project, do you see the tables in the table list, but they're not selected, or are these tables simply absent from the table list?
  • I see the tables but the are no longer selected, only 2 are selected. It seems like the wizard is de-selecting them for some reason.
    Hello,

I can't see a problem with the saved projects. Can you please send your .sdc project file to support (at) red-gate.com?
  • I've found the problem. If you edit the project make the settings there is no way you can save the project until you have run a compare. This is becuase if you select cancel it doesn't save the settings and there fore the only other option is to compare. Once the compare has taken place it will allow you to save the project.

Therefore is there a way you can save the project BEFORE you compare it. Just incase the software hangs.
    Hello,

The settings can't be saved until you make a successful Data Compare, admittedly. That's something we can look into changing.