Options

SQL Prompt 6 copy not working

blitzdblitzd Posts: 40
edited September 20, 2013 10:37AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I've noticed that with the EAP of SQL Prompt 6 the copy button is gone from the object pop-up window that contains the script/summary when you mouse over a proc/func in a query window. There is now instead a context menu when you right click that will contain select-all/copy - this is nice as it's more consistent with other UI elements in Windows, however - the copy menu option rarely seems to work now. In one particular query I have tried select-all and then copy about 10 times now, and I can see that it is NOT added to my clipboard.

Comments

• Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    From your other post it looks like you're on 6.0.0.15, so it might be worth trying out the very latest version of the EAP (6.0.0.101): http://download.red-gate.com/EAP/SQLPro ... Prompt.zip

I'm unable to recreate this on the latest EAP, so if it's still flaky for you in that build let me know and we'll try to narrow down what's causing it.
  • Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    We were able to recreate ctrl+c not working and have a fix in 6.0.0.168 (same url as before)

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • Options
    I recently upgraded from SQL prompt 5 to 6 and am pretty disappointed that that copy button is gone. It was pretty handy to simply hover over a stored procedure and hit the copy button to inspect the TSQL in the existing window or another text editor.

I used it a lot and the way it is set up now feels a lot more hokey due to the extra clicking around required to copy. Is there any way to bring it back in the settings or preferences?

I am running SQL prompt 6.0.0.441.