Some methods in *.app7results file are not exported to *.htm

HienNTMHienNTM Posts: 4
edited July 5, 2013 1:09PM in ANTS Performance Profiler 8
We are using ANTS performance profiler 7.3, we have a problem as below:
Some methods in ANTS profiler result file (*.app7results file) are not exported into *.html file.
For example:
Information of method A in ANTS profiler result file (*.app7results file) is below:
Time(seconds): 0.000 Time With Children(seconds): 0.009 Hit Count: 301
But when exporting to *.html file, I cannot found method A in *.html file.

Please tell me the limitation when export ANTS profiler result to *.html file (such as: limitation of processing time, limitation of number of records,..).

Thanks,
Hien

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Hein,

I'm curious to know if this is a problem with your web browser (not supporting JavaScript or some form of CSS). If you export to HTML whilst you are viewing the results in grid mode as opposed to tree mode, do you still have methods missing?
  • Hello Brian Donahue,

My Web browser is Mozilla Firefox 4.0, it enabled Java Script.
    I tried to export ANTS profiler result to *.CSV file. I am not viewing the result of these methods in *.CSV file.

I also tried to export ANTS profiler result to*.html in both of grid mode and tree mode. I am also not viewing the result of these methods in *.html file.

Thanks,
    Hien

Hello Hein,

I'm curious to know if this is a problem with your web browser (not supporting JavaScript or some form of CSS). If you export to HTML whilst you are viewing the results in grid mode as opposed to tree mode, do you still have methods missing?
    44 (0)870 160 0037 ext 8521
    US and CAN 1-866-RED GATE ext 8521
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Sorry to say I can't reproduce your issue and have no idea what's causing it. If you can send your results file to support@red-gate.com and tell us which method is affected, I can look into it.
  • Dear Mr/Mrs

About problem in topic "Some methods in *.app7results file are not exported to *.htm", I sent you my result via email.

Please help me check and fix tool about this problem.

Regards,
    HienNTM
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Just a quick update on this issue--the problem was that the missing methods were "insignificant methods" (methods that contributes less than 1% of your application's total CPU time). Unfortunately, insignificant methods are not exported when you export the call tree though, I've created a feature request for this with reference PP-3343. Many thanks to Hien for the suggestion!

(Just a note: in version 8 of the profiler, you can actually export the methods grid to html *with* the insignificant methods included, so long as the "Hide insignificant methods" box is unchecked)

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?