Bug: Deploy script does not include extended properites

AdamYAdamY Posts: 55 Bronze 3
edited July 1, 2013 2:30PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I am changing the definition of 3 indexes. They all have extended properties for MS_Description. When SQL Compare (10.3.8.406) builds the deployment script, it drops, then creates the indexes. That is fine, but it does not add the extended properties back. I have to manually adjust the deployment script to add the indexes back.

My project settings are not set to ignore extended properites (i.e. the box is unchecked). And the 3 extended properties do exist in both the source and the destination databases. We are using SQL 2008 R2 (10.50.4263).

Comments

• James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Thanks for your post, and sorry you're having some trouble.

In theory, this particular issue should be fixed- can you update to the latest build via Help > Check for Updates?

If the problem isn't resolved, you may be seeing a slightly different incarnation of the problem, so could you send over the source and target table definitions to us at support@red-gate.com (quoting F0074498 in the subject line) and we can get it looked at?

Thanks!
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• AdamYAdamY Posts: 55 Bronze 3
    edited July 1, 2013 1:13PM
    Thanks for the help. I thought I had the latest version but didn't verify before posting this question.

I updated to 10.4.8.87 and tried again. No luck. The deploy script drops the index then creates the index, but does not add the ext. property back.

I will send the source, target, and deploy scripts to the support email as you requested.
    Sorry to hear that's not working - will keep an eye out for the files, thanks.

Redgate Software

Thanks for the files- I can confirm I see the same. I've reopened the bug we had logged for this (ref. SC-4710)

I can't promise an ETA on a fix unfortunately, but our dev team will take a look- hopefully it's nothing too complex!

Redgate Software