Options

Error Reporter localization

dybalabjdybalabj Posts: 26 Silver 1
edited June 13, 2013 11:11AM in SmartAssembly
Does the SmartAssembly error reporter support localization? If so, are there any special steps I have to take to get it to work.

I have a .NET 4.0 WPF application in VS2010, using the error reporter from SmartAssembly 6.8. We are localizing this application using resources. I have localization working for all threads in the application, as well as any assemblies our application references. We also created a custom error reporter dialog, but it doesn't seem to be picking up the localization settings.

I am setting the application's culture using
Resources.Culture = CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(<culture string>);
This is in the OnStartup method of our App class.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brandon

Comments

• Options
    >>Does the SmartAssembly error reporter support localization?

We do have support for localization, yes. Firstly we have French and German error reporting DLLs, secondly we have the SDK (in the professional + trial versions) to enable teh customisation of the error reporting DLLs (to, for example, target it for a specific localisation).

In the past people have successfully done this for the languages we don't support as standard. The SDK is in the installation directory. Let me know if you need any more help.
  • Options
    dybalabjdybalabj Posts: 26 Silver 1
    It looks like it's working after all. We had changed out solution so that all projects output to the same folder, and had forgotten to updated our SmartAssembly post-build event to get the custom error handler from its new location. Since we hadn't deleted the old builds, it was using a build that wasn't localized.