Options

sql calls timing in call tree dont match with DB calls view

rgupta77rgupta77 Posts: 3
edited June 7, 2013 5:32AM in ANTS Performance Profiler 8
The timing for SQL calls as noticed in the call tree view don't match with the timing for sql calls in the database calls view.

In the call tree view the timing is shown to be <0.001 ms whereas the timing in the database calls view for the same sql query is around 40ms.

Can you explain why I see this discrepancy

Comments

• Options
    dene.boultondene.boulton Posts: 42 Bronze 1
    Hello,

I believe you are likely viewing the call-tree in CPU time; directly above the call-tree on the right is a dropdown to select the 'Timing mode', change this to Wallclock time and the values should match what you are seeing in the Db calls view.

Hope that helps.
    Dene Boulton
    Red Gate
  • Options
    when I change to wall clock time, I don't see any items in the call tree. It says no significant time was spent in methods with source code. consider switching to CPU time
  • Options
    dene.boultondene.boulton Posts: 42 Bronze 1
    That could be the case, as it depends on the proportionality of time spent in your code vs framework / third party code for the region of time you have selected in the timeline.
    Your code will still be in the call-tree stacks, you can use Find for regular method calls (CTRL+F), and for SQL you can go to a specific Query in the 'Database Calls view' where using the blue 'NET' button will take you to that call in the call-tree.

See http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... calls+view
    (Sub-heading: Linking back to your code)
    Dene Boulton
    Red Gate