Changeset Comments Policy Error

flyer299flyer299 Posts: 8
I have Team Foundation server setup to require a Check In Comment on all check ins. I was excited to see that SQL Source was going to support this feature.

When we upgraded to the new version, even if we enter a comment we get an error.

"This Commit doesn't meet the server's policy requirements, or the policy isn't configured on your machince. The Server returned the follwing "Internal error in ChangeShet commetns Policy. Error loading the changeset comments Policy policy."

It does reference a CheckForComments.CS with instructions. Please help? We are dead in the water and can't check code in right now!

Comments

• Same exact problem.

SQL Source stopped working after latest update.

P.S. I evaluated the tool and pushed my manager hard to purchase a licence for it which he finally agreed to do, however 2 days after activation i have upgraded the the version and it stopped working. Please, fix it ASAP!!!!
  • Oh and one more thing:

I followed the instructions to disable TfsPolicies here http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... y+checking and it didn't resolve the problem
  • I would appreciate any response from Red-Gate support team
  • James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Hi,
    Sorry to hear you're having some trouble. Disabling should work fine- but only on the very latest release. What version are you on?

If you are on the latest, can you post the config file change you made so we can double check it looks correct?
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Hi Thank you for the response. I recentrly rolled back to an old version, cause new one didn't work (still had intaller on my machine, uninstalled latest and re-intalled older version), but I still have config file that I created earlier (i don't see option to attach file in this forum):

System: Win 7 Prof 64Bit; SQL 2008R2 SSMS

File name: RedGate_SQLSourceControl_Engine_EngineOptions.xml
    Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 3

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <EngineOptions version="3" type="EngineOptions">
    <IgnoreTfsPolicies>True</IgnoreTfsPolicies>
    </EngineOptions>
    Ah, the problem looks like you have created / edited the file in the wrong location. It isn't in Program Files, it's in your user profile (%localappdata%\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 3) - which would translate to "c:\users\<your username>\appdata\local\red gate\sql source control 3"

Redgate Software

• Oh, ok. thanks. I'll give it a try.

But still this is workaround, please, let me know when the real issue is resolved. Let me know if you need additional information for your investigation.
    If you're able to just supply versions of SSMS, VS, TFS and the TFS Client DLL's on your machine, it may be of use in our investigation?

Redgate Software

• SSMS: 2008 R2 - 10.50.2500.0
    VS: 2010 Ultimate - 10.402119.1 SP1Rel
    TFS: 2010
    Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Controls.dll - 10.0.40219.445

Let me know if you need additional information.
    Thanks, I'll pass that on to the team

Redgate Software

• VS 2010 Ultimate - 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel
    SSMS 2008 R2 10.50.1617.0
    Don't know my version of TFS DLL.
  • We have a policy to require associating work items, but even when I attempt to associate a work item, I am getting a policy failure. I have to do an "ignorepolicies" and then go back and manually associate the changeset later. It is a hassle.
    We're still investigating the full fix for this, but in the meantime you can disable policy checking completely to avoid having to add the comment. See here for details.

Redgate Software