Sending Files to source control server failed

sproatbasproatba Posts: 15
Now that I finally was able to update, I can't check in code anymore because the check in policy fails unless I add the #ignorePolicies to my comments. The error indicates an error loading the changeset comments policy policy. I have the policy installed (works correctly through visual studio). I've been through the troubleshooting on the website. We do not use 2012, but I installed the power tools and went through the registry editing and all that to no avail either. What am I missing?

Comments

• I've made some progress with this. I installed sql server 2012 and if i use ssms 2012 i can check in and evaluate policies. It seems to be an issue with the other versions of management studio. I have 2005 and 2008R2 installed as well, and those two don't know where to find the check policy.

I would like to repair my 2008R2 in particular because we have some addons that don't function in 2012 that I would like to continue using.
  • James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Thanks for your posts.

We're still investigating why the policies don't work correctly in some environments- as you suggest, it seems related to certain combinations of versions.

The very latest release (you should find if you go to Help > Check for Updates) allows you to disable the policy enforcement completely so you don't need to enter the #ignorepolicies comment each time. Please see here for instructions on how to set that up.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Same topic discussed in this thread:

http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/vi ... hp?t=17253

I'm using SSMS 2008 R2 and check-in stopped working after latest update...please, help or let download and re-install older version of SQL Compare