Problems running powershell script on 64 bit machine

mbrembre Posts: 7
edited May 7, 2013 9:10AM in Deployment Manager
Hi again,

I'm trying to create an IIS Application using WebAdministration Module and came to the point that the redgate agent is 32bit and can't install module WebAdministration.

Set-Location : Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {688EEEE5-6A7E-422F-B2E1-6AF00DC944A6} failed
due to the following error: 80040154.
At line:1 char:3
+ Cd <<<< IIS:\Sites
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-Location], COMException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetLocationCom
mand

Is there already any solution for that?

Regards,
Markus

Comments

• csmithcsmith Posts: 138 Bronze 1
    Hi Markus

There is a previous thread about this subject here: www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewtopic.php?t=16319.

Although it's not ideal, the advice was to use Microsoft.Web.Administration rather than the WebAdministration module (see http://www.mattwrock.com/post/2011/01/0 ... ssues.aspx).

However, it may be that the next release of Deployment Manager will remove the need for you to add custom powershell at all because it will include functionality to create IIS applications.

Basically, if the web application does not exist on the Deployment Agent when it's package is deployed, then it will be created in IIS (the web app will default to being on port 80, but this can be overridden with a variable). Does that sound like it will meet your requirement?

This next release should be out in the next week or so and will be announced on this forum.

Best regards,
    Chris
    Divisional Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • Hi Chris,

thanks - I've found a solution using the Microsoft.Web.Administration. It's not as comfortable as WebAdministration module, but I've found a way to handle it.

We need some customization (eg versioning of application path, net.tcp binding, application pool settings...) so I don't think that we can use the default IIS creation of deployment manager.

Regards,
    Markus