Crash on closing profiler

olliaustorolliaustor Posts: 9
edited April 24, 2013 7:01AM in ANTS Performance Profiler 8
Whenever I'm closing the profiler while it is still gathering the profiling results I got an null pointer exception.

Anybody out there who could confirm on that?

Comments

• dene.boultondene.boulton Posts: 42 Bronze 1
    Hello,

Would you be able to provide some more details about your profiling session please?.. the application type you were profiling, how long you had been profiling for.

Did you get the opportunity to send the exception report to Red Gate using the Smart Assembly dialog? If so did you submit your email address?

If you did not get this opportunity and this exception occurs again it would be of a real benefit to us if you could send the report - doing this will provide us with a stack trace to better analyse the issue. If you do this and send me a private message (forum feature) with your email address I can keep you apprised of any updates.

Thanks for your help,

Dene.
    Dene Boulton
    Red Gate
  • Thanks for your help.

as the behaviour is reproduceable I just sent you the exception report.
    Thank you, I also sent you a quick forum PM.
    Dene Boulton
    Red Gate
    Hello,

We have just received your exception report, thank you, and we have committed a fix for the issue. This fix will go out when we ship APP v8.1.

Thank you for your help with this, this also means that you can ignore the PM I sent you.

Dene.

Edit: the internal reference for this bug is PP-3064.
    Dene Boulton
    Red Gate