No sync script actions to remove with grant option from role

crokusekcrokusek Posts: 5
edited April 22, 2013 2:47PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Just a note that when the "With grant option" is in the right pane, the deployment script does not perform any action and cannot sync.

LeftSide
GRANT DELETE TO [SomeRole]

RightSide
GRANT DELETE TO [SomeRole] WITH GRANT OPTION

Perhaps this is also an issue within SQL Server itself because for the case I was testing the grant option is not honored anyway.

Comments

• James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Thanks for your post.

I tried setting up a replication of this myself, and the output script contains the following (which I'm hoping is correct?)

PRINT N'Altering permissions on [dbo].[WidgetPrices]'
    GO
    REVOKE GRANT OPTION FOR DELETE ON  [dbo].[WidgetPrices] TO [testrole] CASCADE
    GO

What version of SQL Compare are you working with? Also, have you got the option selected to "Ignore permissions" by any chance?
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Its probably possible to replicate it more than one way. What if start just enter "left side" text for Database A and "right side" text for Database B as shown from the example? Those both appear to be legal grants. The way you listed may work as well but I'm not familiar with cascade.

I do not have Ignore Permissions or User's permissions and role memberships selected.

( I may not be able to help much more on this issue right now... )
  • James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    The with cascade bit is just how Compare scripted out the difference- the key point is that it *did* script it out though. If you're able to confirm the exact version you're running, and even better supply snapshots of the two DBs (from File > Create Snapshots) that would be great (send them to support@red-gate.com with F0072014 in the subject line) - but if you've not got time to investigate further right now, that's no problem.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software