Options

3.3 - "Performance Data" Loading FOREVER - PAGE DEAD!

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited April 3, 2013 12:39PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Just upgraded. First Alert I've detailed. "Performance Data" is still "Loading..."

Obviously it should have loaded by now... 15 minutes into it.

I get this ridiculously frequently such that detailing an Alert is a fingers-crossed it won't die undertaking. 3.2 was a pain to use because of this.

Would Red Gate PLEASE fix this dumb bug.
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments

• Options
    Would it be possible for you to send us the following information to support@red-gate.com and quote the support ticket number F0071176 in the subject line.

- The SQL Monitor error logs:
    http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/c ... M_LogFiles
    - Confirmation of exactly what you are doing and the version of web browser you are using to do it. A video would be good (I can then show it to the development team if we need to go there).
  • Options
    Thanks, Chris.

Actions:
      1. Fired up Chrome 25.0.1364.172 m 2. Clicked the Alerts tab. 3. Scrolled to the next page <older> 4. Clicked a "Database file size increased" Alert. Performance data loaded after about 10 seconds. 5. Clicked the Alerts tab again. 6. Clicked a "Job Failed" Alert on the same page as the one above. 7. I'm still waiting for the Performance Data and having checked the Chrome version, now have a completely dead page. 8. Restarting Chrome! It had an update to perform. Now at Version 26.0.1410.43 m 9. Now that Chrome is restarted, the Performance Data has loaded. 10. Clicked the Alerts tab again. 11. Scrolled a further page Older> 12. Clicked on a different Job Failed" Alert. 13. Still waiting for the Performance Data... 14. Clicked the Configuration tab and am collating the Log Files.
    Decide wisely...
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply.

It appears that SQL Monitor may have some issues with the latest version if Chrome (Chrome 26 was released the day after version 3.3 and limited testing was performed against the Beta). The development team are aware of this and will be looking at this for the next release. I recommend using the slightly older version where possible.

If anyone else encounters something like this, please can you email support@red-gate.com with the information that I requested in my previous post.
  • Options
    Chrome has this tendency to advise of updates already applied... Are you aware of a way to go back-level with Chrome?
    Decide wisely...
  • Options
    The only way that I am aware of is to fully uninstall and install the older version. Then turn off automatic updates.
  • Options
    Don't have time for that. Will plod on with IE9 and await the next rev of SQL Monitor.

Use me as a Beta if you'd like...
    Decide wisely...