Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server failed

swinghouseswinghouse Posts: 120 Bronze 2
edited March 22, 2013 3:50AM in Deployment Manager
I'm not entirely certain that this is caused by the latest version of Deployment Manager and/or the TeamCity plugin, since I unfortunately made some other changes on our "CI plus deployment" server at the same time (not very clever to change several things simultaneously, I know!), but currently we're encountering the following error in TeamCity:
[10:43:40]Updating database (20s)
[10:44:01]Creating scratch database sqlCI_69f21e75-4db1-4225-b58c-4ec2f4b66125
[10:44:02]Generating creation script (16s)
[10:44:19]Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server (1s)
[10:44:19][Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server] Starting: msiexec.exe /i "C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\plugins\RedGateSQLServer\assets\msOdbcSql\x64\msodbcsql.msi" /qn
[10:44:20][Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server] ##teamcity[buildStatus status='FAILURE' text='Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server failed with exit code 1603']
[10:44:24]sqlCI error occurred: RedGate.SQLCI.Engine.Error: Installing Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server failed with exit code 1603

This error occurs when your TeamCity plugin tries to validate the creation script during the build process.

What I do know is that this worked beautifully until last week, when I updated to the latest versions of Deployment Manager and the TeamCity plugin.

Any help in solving this problem is most appreciated!

Version numbers:
Deployment Manager: 1.1.2.1
TeamCity Professional: 7.1.4 (build 24331)
Red Gate TeamCity plugin: 1.0.0.1029
SQL Server: 2008 R2 (Express Edition)

Comments

• Thank you for this feedback, we are aware of this issue and are validating the fix at the moment.
    To workaround this, if you access the build agent machine and then get a copy of the msi (c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\plugins\RedGateSQLServer\assets\msOdbcSql\x64\msodbcsql.msi) and run the msi yourself, the TeamCity plugin will detect that it is installed and so not try to install.
  • swinghouseswinghouse Posts: 120 Bronze 2
    Thanks Emma,

The workaround did the trick!

/Mattias