SSC Won't Link to remote Subversion Source

gknierimgknierim Posts: 31
Well, this was all working last week and now when I go to link a database to my remote Subversion source control, the progress window sits at 10% and never moves. I have an existing database already linked to a different location on my remote Subversion server and when I click on Get Latest, it works fine.

The branch that I am trying to connect to is in a different folder but I've connected to it before. Is there something cached or something else I can do to fix this? I need to be able to link to this other branch.

Thanks,
Greg

Comments

• Never mind...after 15 minutes it finally connected and linked. This is with 2.2. Are there any plans to improve performance with large databases in 3.x??
  • Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post.

Here is the link to release notes for version 3.0 click here

Hope this answers your question.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • I replied to an older thread, but I am using SSC and am running into a problem with linking.

from the other thread (sorry about the double post)
    I have a local instance that was linked to a path in a subversion repository. After committing the changes in to this branch, I unlink and pointed it to a different location. When starting, it gets stuck at 10% and goes no further.

note: I had originally pointed the link to trunk, because I had used sql compare to bring down all the differences between our production db and my local instance. Then I committed these into trunk for a starting point.
    Then I branched this into a new branch. This new branch is what I am trying to link to.
  • Can I check which version of SQL Source Control you've got installed? In the most recent version (3.1.4.72) we fixed an issue that made linking databases take much longer than it should have - if you're not using that version, can you try updating and let me know if it's still an issue?
    Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer