File browser unable to access local resource

marclallenmarclallen Posts: 53 Bronze 3
edited March 5, 2013 8:50AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I've got around a dozen servers running SQL Backup. We are upgrading one and I've got everything installed.

The backup agent is running as Administrator, and it's still in TRIAL mode, as I haven't gotten a license to use at this time.

When I go to restore a file/Browse for backup files/Add Files, the file browser shows the local server with a red X, saying it cannot connect to the resource.

I've never had this happen before. Running Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Backup Pro 7.0.4.2.

I'm sure it's something stupid, but.. any ideas?

Thanks,

Marc

Comments

• marclallenmarclallen Posts: 53 Bronze 3
    Sorry.. I should add that I'm logging in as sa.
  • peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Are you able to browse the local folders when logged on to the SQL Server instance (via the SQL Backup GUI) using a Windows authenticated account?
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • marclallenmarclallen Posts: 53 Bronze 3
    Yes, I am. That's what was so confusing. SSMS was able to do things with no problem.

I did eventually find the issue... I think I installed the agent and then changed the SA password. I don't know if the agent uses that password, but I noticed you do have to enter it. There was no way for me to change it (or no way I could find), so I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the agent and everything was fine.