Options

Deploying Static Data Changes (plus Team City)

Dom RichDom Rich Posts: 5
edited February 15, 2013 8:01AM in Deployment Manager
Hi
I've managed to get my test project building OK in Team City and producing a NuGet Package. It is also now creating the database upgrade by comparing with the previous version provided by the Deployment Manager which is all great but...

If I delete a row from my static data it does not get deleted by the package upgrade script. Is this by design or am I missing something? I am happy if this is the case as the static data we want to deploy is not generally deleted but I wanted to know whether this was working correctly. There could be a case where static data is pushed to QA, fails and should be removed.

Thanks

Dom

Comments

• Options
    Hi :)

I'm one of the developers working on the database deployment part of Deployment Manager.

This should work. So that we can get to the bottom of why it's not working for you, it'd really help if you answer the following questions:

1. Are INSERTs and UPDATEs both working, i.e. is it solely DELETEs that are not working?
    2. Can you please send us a copy of the deployment output from a deployment where it doesn't delete the rows. You can get to this in the Deployment Manager web interface by viewing the deployment and then clicking "Expand all" under "Output".

Thanks!

David