Options

Error during "find unused variables and parameters"

georhillgeorhill Posts: 20
edited March 18, 2013 10:06AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
The "find unused variables and parameters" functionality of SQL Prompt 5 is very useful to me for cleaning up T-SQL.

Unfortunately it has stopped working on my machine (Windows 7 32-bit, SQL Server 2008 R2).

I get a "Notify Red Gate of this error" when I invoke it with the error details: Exception withing progress task".

Other SQL Prompt 5 functions like "format sql", "uppercase keywords" work fine.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas about fixing it would be welcomed.[/img]

Comments

• Options
    Yes, I can't say exactly which upgrade broke this, but it's not working for me either in ver 5.3.6.28 and I'm fairly certain for at least version prior to this.
  • Options
    To close the loopon this issue...

I contact Red Gate support earlier today about this. They pointed me to a different (later) version of SQL Prompt on their FTP site. After I uninstalled the version I had and installed the new one the problem went away. I'd recommend you contact Red Gate support. They were very responsive when I contacted them by phone.
  • Options
    I am having the same issue with 5.3.6.28

I dont see any new patches on the ftp site.

Any one know where i get the fix for this.
  • Options
    The fix that Red-Gate provided earlier is no longer working. The same error is occurring again. I'm on 5.3.6.28. I think I updated SQL Prompt a few days ago and that must be when the problem came back. Time for another Red-Gate ticket.