temp files taking up lots of space

vincentjvincentj Posts: 47
edited January 17, 2013 6:22AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi,

My IT department told me that we were getting disk space warnings on our continuous integration server. Upon investigation, I found that there were 28 GB of temp files in C:\Users\build\AppData\Local\Temp\Red Gate.

Is this a bug, or is there a setting I can change to get SQL Compare/Data Compare to clean up these temp files?

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    I'm sorry that you are having this problem. SQL Compare/Data Compare has been known to leave some temp files but on this scale I'd check first that the commands aren't aborting or failing before the temporary files can be disposed. That could potentially leave entire tables of data behind in the temp folder.

In the meantime, Windows Disk Cleanup is the best tool to put the disk right.

I believe in order to get that on Windows 2008, you have to add the "Desktop experience" feature.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    If you are using the "continuous integration" stuff from Red Gate (sqlci.exe/SQLCompare.exe with the /include:StaticData switch), this should be better in the next version. It's currently analyzing data for tables whose static data isn't linked.