Problem with API and trial license

RonnieSpyderRonnieSpyder Posts: 2
Hello

We are trying to test SQL Compare to see if it will fit into our setup. For this I need to work with the API.

First problem I encountered was with the latest version: the DLL's weren't in the SQL Compare folder. Though I did find them in some other applications' folders, it didn't work for me and I decided to go with v. 9.0.

My issue at the moment is, that when I run my application, having added the licenses.licx file to my project referencing 'RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database,RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine', I get the error message: "This is a trial. To use SQL Comparison SDK after the trial expires, you must buy a copy from www.red-gate.dk. You have no days left of your free trial.".
I did this on two machines, neither of them have ever had any Red Gate applications installed.

The Red Gate support told me to use a code to extend my trial, which I did insert into the SQL Compare application, but this has no effect on the API.

Does anyone have any ideas what to try in order to continue.

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

The SDK licensing is entirely separate from the main SQL Compare program. Activating SQL Compare will not activate the components.

Also, since version 10, SQL Compare wraps all of its' dependent assemblies into the main executable, so you must download and install the SDK as a separate product.

I'm pretty sure that when you install SDK, it initializes the trial so you should not get trial expired without ever having used the SDK.

Hopefully this helps.