Windows 2006 R2 Enterprise

SQL Virtual Restore 2
Event ID 32

EventData
ngWrapper.LogManager #13:Failed to load assembly Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlEnum

It's a log shipping setup using Red-Gate SQL Backup 7
I'm backing up initially to a NAS on the same network segment
I'm using Checksum and Verify on the Source SQL Server

I noticed that on the same day but 1 hour later I received the same error on the destination server also.

These errors don't seem to be stopping my backup jobs, but I'd still like to know how to fix or prevent them in the future.

I've been searching to see If I can figure out what is causing it, but am not having much luck so far. I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction so I can resolve the issue.

Thank You
Tammy

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your forum post.

I believe this topic is posted into the wrong forum.

The error you are experiencing has nothing to do with both SQL Backup or SQL Virtual Restore.

The error you are experiencing is from Windows and this event indicates that a file required by an application is missing.

The file
    ngWrapper.LogManager #13:Failed to load assembly Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlEnum

This file is a Microsoft dll file.

If you are running a 64-bit system, I would ensure that you have both a 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the SqlEnum.dll installed and the versions of the files match.

If this is one off occurence or occurs at the same time every day, ensure that there are no other processes running that would prevent access to the assembly or check Anti-Virus software does not have a lock on the file.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com