The NuGet Test view in the Deployment Manager web gui

swinghouseswinghouse Posts: 120 Bronze 2
edited November 12, 2012 7:39AM in Deployment Manager
I haven't quite figured out how the Test view at Settings -> NuGet in the Deployment Manager web gui works.

Am I supposed to be able to see the contents of the NuGet package when I use the search function? All it finds in my case is the name of the NuGet package.

What could I be doing wrong?

My NuGet feeds are located on a network share and I reference them by their UNC path.

/Mattias

Comments

• Hi Mattias,

This feature is only intended to show you whether you can successfully connect to a repository, and make sure the packages you need are inside it.

Would you find it useful to be able to more fully explore packages directly from Deployment Manager?

Thanks,

Justin
    Justin Caldicott
    Developer
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • swinghouseswinghouse Posts: 120 Bronze 2
    Hi Justin,

Yes, I think I'd find it useful, although I can't pretend that it's a deal breaking feature by any measure.

Perhaps you could clarify the purpose of the test view and how to use it?

/Mattias
  • Hi Mattias,

As mentioned it's really just to let you see if you can connect to a repository, and make sure it's got the packages you need inside it.

I'd suggest just typing in the name of a package that you know is in the repository. We're aware that is not ideal if you've just set up the repository and there isn't even a package inside it yet, and hope to address that.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Justin
    Justin Caldicott
    Developer
    Redgate Software Ltd