Bug 7.2.1.4: Existing Job Name overwritten at "Finish" page.

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited November 7, 2012 10:19AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
This is FIERCELY annoying!

Every scheduled backup Job I edit has its existing name OVERWRITTEN on the Finish page.

For example, this:
TRAN - SSISDB
becomes this
SQL Backup transaction log backup: SSISDB (created 10/17/2012 1:58:18 PM)
PLEASE STOP THIS - it is nonsensical! :x

Thank you in advance.
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments

• Hi PDinCA,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're looking into it at the moment. This is not the intended behaviour. The naming format should apply only to new jobs or jobs whose default names you have not previously edited. I can see how the behaviour you're experiencing is very annoying.

Apologies, and we'll do our best to fix this.
    Brian Harris
    - Project Manager, SQL Backup
    - Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi PDinCA

A support call has been created with regards to this forum topic, the call reference is F0065922.

A member of the support team will be in contact with you regarding the problem you have raised.

Thank you for bringing this bug to our attention.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • rrerre Posts: 42 Bronze 2
    I agree this is very annoying. We faced the same problem today, too.
    Every time you have to save the old name and paste it at the end of the wizard to avoiding creating a new job.

Please, let us know when this will be fixed.
    Hi rre

This is a known issue and sorry that you have encountered the problem. I will be sending you a private message regarding this forum topic.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
    A patch has been available that fixes this issue.

The patch can be downloaded using this LINK.

Please extract the executable contained with the zip file and run it. Follow the on-screen instructions.

This patch will be included in the next official release of SQL Backup V7.3 scheduled for release in Q1 2013.

PLEASE NOTE - This build has not under gone the full pre release testing cycle, so therefore use at your own risk. No problems were observed from the small amount of testing Red Gate has performed, sorry if this is stating the obvious, please try out in a test environment before installing onto production machines.

Any feedback regarding this patch, please contact the Red Gate Technical Support Team - support@red-gate.com

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • rrerre Posts: 42 Bronze 2
    Thanks, for providing this really quick fix!

We will try out in our test environment at first. If we face any problems we will let you know.