Annoying Crash

jonstahurajonstahura Posts: 18
edited December 16, 2012 12:12PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
It seems that there is some crash event when I click on an instance on the left and scroll up with the mouse wheel.

Is this a known issue? I have a habit of scrolling to the top with my mouse wheel and BOOM crash....

nothing is lost.. it just has become an annoyance..

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

Thank you for your post into the forum and sorry that you have encountered a problem.

I am unable to replicate your fault symptoms.

Do any error messages appear when the problem occurs?

Are there any entries in the Event Viewer logs that correspond to the reported problem?

How many SQL Instances are there listed down the left hand side of the SQL Backup GUI timeline?

What exact version of SQL Backup are you using?

Version of Windows the SQL Backup GUI is installed upon?

Does the reported problem occur on this single machine or do you encounter it on two or more machines?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • I am so sorry. I was waiting for a response and never actually read it all. Let me try to answer all the questions.

Do any error messages appear when the problem occurs?

-- yes.. It says: error 1: arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow
    error 2: Invoke or beginInvoke cannot be called on a control unit until the window handle has been created
    error 3: index was out of range. must be non-negative and less than teh size of the collection parameter name: index

----i wonder if this has to do with my mouse scrolling 3 at a time per move

Are there any entries in the Event Viewer logs that correspond to the reported problem?

Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: CLR20r3
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: redgate.sqlbackup.ui.exe
    P2: 7.2.1.4
    P3: 505332dc
    P4: RedGate.SQLBackup.UI
    P5: 7.2.1.4
    P6: 505332dc
    P7: 1f82
    P8: 3b
    P9: †.+
    P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
    C:\Users\jes01\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_redgate.sqlbacku_4358ec24c7ba56f39fc93f5882bb1e148ca37fbc_2b964df8

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 5f0ce607-1a1f-11e2-b3e5-f0def1db3bce
    Report Status: 0

How many SQL Instances are there listed down the left hand side of the SQL Backup GUI timeline?

3 groups - 15 instances

What exact version of SQL Backup are you using?

Version of Windows the SQL Backup GUI is installed upon?

7 64bit

Does the reported problem occur on this single machine or do you encounter it on two or more machines?

i only have one machine with it installed. I can find another one to test it on.
  • tleblanctleblanc Posts: 17 Bronze 2
    I'm getting the same problem when I use the scroll wheel on my mouse.

The message in the "powered by {sa}" window reads, "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow"

I click the send error report button each time.

This happens each and every time with any server expanded (or not) and as soon as the first detent on the scroll wheel is encountered it crashes.

SQLBackup 7.2.0.286 on Win 7 64-bit