Options

Trial version, nothing available

ProbablyMikeProbablyMike Posts: 4
edited September 11, 2012 8:32AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hi,

I've just dowloaded & installed the trial version of SQL Prompt 5 (5.3.4.1) but most of the options in the menu are not available.

Clipboard01.jpg

Means I can't really try anything.
Is the trial meant to be disabled like this?

Cheers
Mike

Comments

• Options
    Well I've now un-installed, and am now using a different product.

This can be closed.

Mike
  • Options
    Notice the grey rosettes. These are red when a user is in a position where the feature would be available. This indicates to me that you either do not have an open connection to a SQL server instance or you do not have a query window open and in focus.

Alternatively, if the trial has expired, then we can send you a trial extension license. You can check this status on the Help > About menu.
  • Options
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply, just to quickly answer your questions.

* I had an open connection to an SQL server at the time.

* I did see another thread about having a query window open, that did change the list of options available, but again most were greyd out and not available.
    I did try accessing the SQL Prompt 5 menu from various places within SQLSMS but nothing became available.

* The trial hadn't expired, only installed it yesterday, but I can't remember the expiry date given in Help -> About

Anyway as I've said above, I have now installed a different product that has helped me get the job done.

Cheers,
    Mike