Options

Responses on this Forum

ChrisAVWoodChrisAVWood Posts: 361
edited September 7, 2012 12:45PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have been impressed by the speed of response by the Red Gate staff on this forum but since the Olympics began I have seen a marked slowdown.

In previous times if a post was not answered I got an e-mail saying I had an incident number I could refer to in any e-mail. This is no longer happening.

Whats going on Red Gate?

Chris
English DBA living in CANADA

Comments

• Options
    Makes sense about the timings but I assure you we were not in ny way distracted by the Olympic Games. Well, maybe a little.

What happened was in that week, there was a server move for the forum database and the stored procedure that sends out notifications stopped because the authorization list of IPs allowed to send mail needed to be updated.

All is well now.
  • Options
    Thanks Brian.

Will my question raised on Tuesday be answered soon?

Chris
  • Options
    Support tickets are raised only for new topics. After that point, someone assumes responsibility for the thread, so you should hear from Marianne. I'm sorry I can't answer this as we do not get very detailed information about what is and what isn't going into SQL Backup. I'll have to try to chase it up on Monday.
  • Options
    Thanks again Brian. It has always been a little difficult with the 7 hours between where I am (Western Canada) and Cambridge (I was born in Essex close by). You have usually had an answer either the following day or pretty soon after so the current delays are noticable, at least to me.

I wait to get a response early next week.

Chris