Options

Issue with Custom Installation Screen

JackLockeJackLocke Posts: 25
edited September 13, 2012 12:36PM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
Hi All,
I am having a strange issue with our SQL Packager. I have modified Original C# template to include our EULA as first screen of installation steps. And installation proceeds only if users accepts EULA. Since this EULA is very large it is stored in resource file of a form.
Then I use this template to generate EXE from it. But when I run this generated EXE it shows me following error on command prompt and terminates installation process,
Error:
Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "SQLPackage1.EULA.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "SQLPackage1" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

I also tried to set, "COPY ALWAYS" for property of resource of that WinForm but it doesn't help.

Oddly if I create C# Project instead of an EXE ...and then run that project then I can run that EXE just fine ... because that resx file exists !

Any suggestion is appreciated. I am using Packager version 6.4

Thank You,
Jack

Comments

• Options
    I think this problem occurs because the Form class is not the first class in the code module of the form.

To resolve this problem, move all of the other class definitions so that they appear after the form's class definition.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318603

Hope this helps
    Manfred Castro
    Product Support
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    I think this problem occurs because the Form class is not the first class in the code module of the form.

To resolve this problem, move all of the other class definitions so that they appear after the form's class definition.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318603

Hope this helps

Before posting question here, I googled this error and already found this KB from MSFT.
    I am not very good at .NET, I work mostly with Database. But if you read that KB then you will see that I should get same error when I build and run that project even from solution .. correct ?? But in my case, I am getting this error only when I directly produce an EXE. If I am generating C# project and then build/run this project I dont get any error.

So it looks like that when I build using Visual Studio it includes form resource file but for some reasons this resource doesn't get included by SQL Packager when generates that EXE.... Or I am missing something obvious :D

Thanks,
    Jack
  • Options
    Anyone ?
    No other suggestions ?

Jack
  • Options
    Can you try.

1.Right click on your ResourseFile
    2.Change the BuildAction property Compile to EmbededReSource
    3.Then build and run
    Manfred Castro
    Product Support
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Can you try.

1.Right click on your ResourseFile
    2.Change the BuildAction property Compile to EmbededReSource
    3.Then build and run

Hi Manfred,
    This is default option for resouce file. And I double checked that buildaction property is EmbededResouce.
    But this didn't helped me :( ...

Jack
  • Options
    If you want you can send your template to support@red-gate.com with F0064045 in the subject and we can take a look at it.
    Manfred Castro
    Product Support
    Red Gate Software