Options

Copy_Only Backup

torpenhowtorpenhow Posts: 6
edited August 30, 2012 1:02PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I need to create one off backups seperately from the normal backups to restore in our UAT environment when I add the COPY_ONLY command I get an error SQL error 155: 'COPY_ONLY' is not a recognized BACKUP option.

This is the full command that I am trying to use:-

EXECUTE master..sqlbackup '-SQL "BACKUP USER DATABASES TO DISK = ''\\172.17.20.49\SQLBackup\<DATABASE>.sqb''
WITH COPY_ONLY, DISKRETRYINTERVAL = 30, DISKRETRYCOUNT = 10, COMPRESSION = 4, THREADCOUNT = 3, VERIFY"'

I don't want to break my normal production backup chain.

This is unfortunatley a SQL2000 server version 8.0.0.2039. I am using SQl Backup Version 6.5.1.9 should I be using 7.1?

Regards
Carolyn

Comments

• Options
    i have my answer I needed to upgrade.
  • Options
    Although it now seemed to accept the command it's still failing with more messages:-

VDI error 1010 Failed to get the configuration file from the server because the timeout interval as elasped .....increase the valuse of the VDITimeout registry setting. note This name does not exist in the registry.

then I get the further message again
    SQL error 155: 'COPY_ONLY' is not a recognized BACKUP option.

Regards
    Carolyn
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    The COPY_ONLY option can only be used on a SQL Server 2005 instance or newer.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8