HyperBac Configuration:Extensions:File Path and Mount Points

timnylandjonestimnylandjones Posts: 4
edited July 26, 2012 7:58AM in SQL HyperBac 5
Hi,

As preparation for a system expansion, I've just moved the backup volume from a dedicated drive letter (call it V:\) to a mount point (call it Y:\Backup). I should make it clear it's exactly the same volume, just another reference to it so we can consolidate drive letters.

I had a rule set up in the Hyperbac config, 'Extensions' tab, for 'bak' files, to ensure that only .bak files in V:\MSSQL\Backup and subdirectories got compressed.

On changing the config to reflect the new mount point (backup location is therefore now Y:\Backup\MSSQL\Backup) HyperBac doesn't work - backups are suddenly full size.

If I remove the specific file path and replace with * then the backups get compressed again.

So, I know:

1) HyperBac doesn't have a problem with mount points per se;
2) but there seems to be a problem in referring directly to mount points or directories underneath in the config.

Obviously I have a workaround (remove the restriction), but I was just wondering if this behaviour was known, and if there was any workaround that allowed the user to reference mount points directly?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment you can provide...

Cheers
Tim

Comments

• Hi Tim,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I have reproduced the issue in house and logged a bug report with reference HBT-297.

Unfortunately I have no other workaround at the moment than specifying all path for your extensions.

Thanks,
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry