Issue with upgrading from 6.5 to 7.1

ChrisAVWoodChrisAVWood Posts: 361
edited July 20, 2012 2:55PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I am slowly upgrading from 6.5 to 7.1 on both 32 bit and 64 bit W2K3R2 servers. I will see if this is true on W2K8 later.

I execute the SQLBackup_7.1.0.214.exe to update the GUI and then goto the new SQBServerSetup.exe to update the server.

Because I have 6.5 running I have a C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Backup 6 folder (64_bit example). Updating the GUI to 7.1 creates a C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Backup 7 folder which I were I find the SQBServerSetup.exe to update the server components. When I run this it updates the SQBCoreService.exe and SQLBackupC.exe in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Backup 6\(LOCAL) folder and not the SQL Backup 7 one.

Is this how you expect it to be?

Thanks

Chris
English DBA living in CANADA

Comments

• I Just updated a server that had a C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Backup folder rather than a SQL Backup 6 folder and it updated the SQL backup folder.

Chris
  • Thanks for your post. We are aware of the issue with the path naming convention, and has been submitted as a defect under SB-5202. This however, should not affect the functionality of the Server Components in any way.

If you right click on the exe located in the directory, you should see version 7 reported. Also the GUI should report the correct version as well.

Thanks,
    Steve
    866-997-0378
  • The product works as expected. I just didn't expect it to create a new folder and then not use it.

Chris